Who is MSECA?
The Midwestern States Environmental Consultants Association was established to advance the field of environmental consulting by improving the professional competence of our members through education. Collectively we represent hundreds of professional consultants along with vendors and suppliers to the environmental consulting community.
What does Membership Mean?
MSECA Membership is voluntary, no company is required to join, so we believe that in joining MSECA our Consultant Members are showing their dedication to continuing education and their commitment to making sure their employees stay up to date with the latest advancements.
MSECA is not a referral source for consumer, nor will we recommend one company over another, however we do believe strongly consumers should consider MSECA Members when looking for highly trained professionals for their environmental consulting needs.
MSECA Code of Ethics
We, as environmental professionals, dedicate ourselves to carrying out the mission of MSECA.
- To advance the professional competence of members through education and dissemination of information related to technical developments, regulations, training, and codes, all pertaining to human health and environmental protection.
- To cooperate with State and Federal regulatory agencies in the preparation and refinement of rules, policies and guidance related to human health and environmental protection.
MSECA members will do the following:
- Recognize that the chief function of MSECA at all times is to serve the best interests of our constituency, the environmental community and the environment.
- Respect the structure and responsibilities of the MSECA board while upholding and implementing policies adopted by the board in the best interest of MSECA.
- Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up-to-date on emerging issues and to conduct ourselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, fiscal responsibility and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty and fortitude in all our activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in our association, industry and activities.
- Strive for personal and professional excellence and encourage the professional developments of others.
MSECA Board of Directors, Committees, Workgroups, and Taskforces will do the following:
- Conduct our organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, sincere collaboration, creativity, dedication and compassion.
- Exercise whatever discretionary authority we have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
- Act responsibly on behalf of the association and be accountable and transparent to our constituents and to one another. We share information when appropriate without sacrificing confidentiality.
- Expect to be treated and to treat others with respect. We respect the opinions of and the differences among individuals.
- Expect fairness to be evident in our actions internally and externally and be equitable in our decisions and mindful of their impact on other groups and people.